Friday, February 18, 2011

Reading Euphoria

As I said in my last post, I'm reading Mistborn.

I haven't had enough time to read lately...

Reading is one of life's greatest pleasures. I feel pity for those who prefer TV for "the visual richness".

For me, reading is so much more than mere words on a page, it's more like stepping into a holodeck from Star Trek, especially when reading a realy good author.

Most people these days don't seem to understand this. I'm not quite sure it's something one can be taught.

Anyway, the point is, that a good author doesn't let writing get in the way of telling a good story. A good writer uses words to make the story come alive and allow you to effortlessly play in their "holodeck", instead of impressing you with their prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment