Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Years Resolutions so far...

So far, I've not been doing that good on my new years resolution to write more. I got a big chunk of story done today, and almost finished the scene, but....

... it's the first time I've really written anything this month. :(
I've got to be more consistent, and what's worse is I know I can do it. Perhaps if I set an alarm to go off each day...

As to the scene I worked on, it's almost done, and after it's over I'll just have a few more wrap up scenes and Threat From The Past will be done! (Well, the first draft anyway, then the real work begins.) After I get that finished, I'm going to set it aside and let it percolate for a while while I edit more of A New Threat. There's a few scenes there I want to tweak, then it's out to the sharks again.
I'm hoping to get it ready to publish sometime this year. The current plan is to self-publish both that and the sequel at the same time...

In other news, I also tweaked my ePub tutorial a little bit. I've fixed a few minor errors and typos and color-coded some of the code examples. Hopefully that will make it easier to follow. Check it out if your curious about how to make your own eBooks. Coming this summer, I plan to expand it to cover making eBooks using Sigal, and possibly a few other tools, to help out those who aren't quite so hands-on with their file formats (and it's MUCH faster to make a good book with Sigal than by hand... not to mention the built-in error-checking.)