Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book Review: The Earth Painter

I'm not exactly the target audience for The Earth Painter. It's paranormal romance, I'm a thirty-three year old male.

Despite this, I really enjoyed the book. After the first page, I was hooked. The characters are great, and really come to life. (I especially wanted to strangle Holly's mom.)

The book also has a different take on the paranormal part. Instead of the traditional vampires, werewolves and others that have been done to death (and back...), the Earth Painter has immortals that either helped create the universe, or help run it. They're unique, they're funny, and each one is different. I'm definitely going to read the next book in the series.

I give it four stars. Why four, you ask? Well, the boy keeps showing up in the girls room. To me, this is a little inappropriate, and it's reminiscent of  another popular paranormal romance book.... For all the originality of premise, the actually romance part is better in the author's previous book.

Buy this book at Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment